Funday Sunday at the Mazza Museum has storytelling, art stations, music, refreshments, shopping and special guests. Join us the first Sunday of the month from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. for activities based on monthly themes.
Free event. No registration required.
December’s theme is Elf Workshop!
We will be helping Santa make special Christmas gifts out of cardboard and re-purposed materials. Participants are welcome to take their creations home or wrap them up them up for someone special.
Bigelow Hill students will demonstrate their Cardboard Challenge projects along with author/illustrator, Merill Rainey, through an interactive presentation called “Cardboard Construction Creation: Santa Needs HELP!”
Amy M Schlessman, PT, DPT, DHS, Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy at the University of Findlay, will also have an interactive presentation with attendees and their parents.
Volunteers will have the following stations available for you during Funday Sunday: Elf Workshop:
- Santa Claus and University of Findlay’s mascot, Derrick the Oiler, will both be in the house!
- Richard Cowdrey (author/Illustrator) and his newest book, A Very Fiona Christmas!
- Volunteers Face Painting
- Awakening Minds Art station: Gods eye snowflakes
- Marathon Performing Arts: Drama Station
- Taylor Automotive family
- Japanese station
- Chinese station
- Volunteers (Findlay Service League): Three art activities
- Pawsible Angels: Therapy Dogs
- UF American Sign Language Club: Reading Station
- UF Chemistry Club
- Elaine Timbrook: Mural Station
- Art Me Party
- Planetarium Show times
- Elf Treat Station
- Mazza Gift Shop
- Ornament Station
- Crazy Car Station
- Ginger bread House station
- Gift Shop Station with Authors and Illustrators
- Children’s Museum Station
- Volunteers card board construction station
- Volunteers hot chocolate Play-Doh station
- Jingle, Jingle Necklace Station
Please contact Museum, Education, and Volunteer Coordinator, Heather Sensel, at 419-434-4777 or [email protected]